As part of this project, we need a place to store all of the individually released tables, images and data here. We set up a GitHub repository to house it all. Our work in that repository AND on this web site is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International aka (CC BY 4.0).
What does this mean?
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- for any purpose, even commercially.
HOWEVER you must do so under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
In our case, the most basic form of attribution that you need to use is:
“Nation of Makers Annual Survey of Makerspaces Report” on MakeTheData.org by the MakeTheData team is licensed under CC BY 4.0.
- Where a hyperlink is available, you need to link back to makethedata.org, and preferably to the specific page relating to the data you are using.
- You can cite individual pages or articles within the report by their page title or document title.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
The verbiage that explains licensing was adapted from https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
Now that we have that out of the way, here’s the link to our GitHub repository: